Sunday, October 16, 2011

Trip to Brugge

Hey there -
This weekend I went to Brugge, Belgium! It is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been in in my entire life. It's a very old city that managed to not be bombed out during World War II - many of the buildings are 500 or more years old! We arrived Saturday morning and checked into the Hotel Navarro - a beautiful old hotel on a cobblestone street.
Our rooms were on the top floor and they were built into an old building built in the late 1600s, so there was a big old wooden beam going through my room. I kept thinking of how many people must have touched that beam over the last 450 years! And who will be touching it in the future...The window opened upwards and the view of the rooftops was beautiful. There is a picture of my below looking out the window taken by Aubrey in the next room.
We walked and walked and walked because just walking anywhere in the city took us to some new beautiful view. There are lots and lots of chocolate shops since Belgium is famous for chocolate. There are lots of cafes where people sit outside which they were doing a lot because the sun was shining so bright.
Most buildings are made of brick - the primary material used to make houses back in the day. The brick is in all tones from white to pink and red and black. The streets are narrow and are paved with cobblestones. There are lots of horses and carriages which carry tourists around the town.
I shopped and bought some presents - as well as a fun surprise for Daddy and the house. We went back to the hotel and rested, then Aubrey and I went out to eat as Mitesh was tired. We walked around a lot and I took a lovely picture of the sunset over the canal. We ate Flemish Beef Bourginon at a little cafe that was delightful. Then we went back to the hotel.
I put all the pictures below - it's too hard to embed them into the blog. Put any questions in the comments!
I love you and miss you terribly!

2 Comments:

Blogger Venny and Penny said...

MOM,
Thank you for the 39 gumballs.
I liked your blog.
I cant be'live you looked out a
roof.
did you get any choclate?
sincerely
P&J

6:56 PM  
Blogger CondimentGrrl said...

I got lots of chocolate! Love you!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home